Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gustaveson Family Christmas Party

Both sides of my family are great, however my moms family lives in California, so we haven't been around them since I was a child. But we get together every year with my dads side. We meet at a cabin in Sundance and just have a meal, exchange gifts, and just hang out and enjoy each other. The kids swapped books this year, and the adults roll dice to pick gifts and steal them from ech other. There is always one guy that gets stolen the most. This year it was Uncle Terry's, it was wrapped in a brown bag with a really bright pink bow, it must have been appealing. We usually play in the snow but this year it was dry as the desert. But it was nice because it was so warm and the kids could play outside. They chased the wild turkeys all over and had a great time. Dan and I arrived first and so we were boxed in, and when it came time to leave we had to be the last to leave. It was so quiet and I said hey lets brake out the cards know that it isn't so carzy. I was just kidding, but my Aunt Joan and Uncle Terry( from AZ who isn't always here), said really lets do. We love playing "hand & foot"(kind of like canasta), and this year they taught us a new game called "pounce"(it is like solitare that everyone can play together). If there are any card sharks in the ward, we would love to have you over for cards amd cookies!! We had a great time, and love our families very much.
Terry, Doug, Brittany, Tracie, Greg, Dan, Kristie, and Joan, Taylor, and Kamyrn played as well.

Some of the kids.

Olivia was so good, and I have to say thank you so much to my Aunt Carolyn for holding, fedding, and watching her while I played cards for three hours. It was so nice to have a few hours off.

Dan playing cards.

Taylors gift from Maddie. Just what she wanted.

Taylor and Kamryn playing pounce.

Max and Alex.

Easton and Konnor.

the kids singing songs, while Kamryn played her recorder.

Lance, Konnor, and Jessie. Thanks for letting Konnor hang out with you guys.

Konnor making a snowflake.
Max's treasure, a turkey feather!!

This is my cute Grandpa Gus. He LOVES to play cribage.
Taylor and Bailey making snowflakes.

3 comments:

Julie Toone said...

Im impressed with all your recent blogging! I love the pics, Olivia is so darn cute!

Annie said...

I love all your recent posts! I can't believe how big Olivia is! The ward party looked fun! That makes me miss all of you! Please tell Taylor that I LOVE her hair like that! Hope you all have a nice holliday season!

Highlights said...

Your kids are so adorable. Merry Christmas! Tell the family hello from the Colby's!