
This face only lasted about 30 sec.

I am getting chuncky!!
Olivia is getting so "big". I want her to be smaller like Taylor was, so it seems like she is littlier than she is. She cried for a lot longer than any of the other kids did when getting shots. But she is more of a crier than the rest too. I thought that maybe she had colic, but the crying was all day, and not at a "usual" time of day. My friend Janae had said that her daughter Ella did the same thing and that her Dr. had given her a heart burn med. and that it really helped her. When Dr. Lei walked in the room, he had been in his office right next to the room we were in, and asked if she always cried like this(hadn't had shots yet). I said yes, pretty much all day, and nothing we've tried seems to soothe her. He asked if she is stiff and arches her back when crying, and I said YES! He said he thought she might have heart burn, and can you imagine what it feels like to her, when you know how bad it hurts you. Well of course I could imagine, I was just pregnant. So he gave us prevacid to try for a few weeks, it wil take a few days to get in her system, so I will keep you posted, but we are praying that it works. We want her to be happy not sad all the time. But on a happier note, she is growing like crazy, she has grown 3 1/2 in. since she was born and is now 22 1/2 in.(75%), and 10 lbs. 13 oz.(50%), her head is 15 in.(50%). Max was our only other child who was "normal", Tay and Kon were always under weight, barely even on the chart. In fact Taylor went in for her check up too, and she was in the 5% in weight, and 40% height, so she is still tiny. He always tells her to eat more, but she doesn't feel hungry and eats only about as much as a 1 year old. But she has tons of energy, so I say she is eating enough to sustain her needs. We have all gotten our FLU shots(ins. companies are starting to pay for them, worth it even if they don't, but nice that they might) and are feeling ready for winter. I'm glad Olivia is doing so well after not eating so well the first week of life I was a little worried, but obviously I have nothing to worry about.




9 comments:
I am glad they gave you some meds. It is the same one that Ella is on. I hope it works for Olivia!! :) Then she will be a normal baby!! You will have to keep me updated with the med. Cute pictures below with the shirts.
Poor little girl! That also happened to my little niece, it was so sad! Oh but your Olivia is SO cute!!
That is soo hard when they cry a lot. Tanner was like that we tried previcid that made him worse. So they put him on Zantac much better. So if prevecid doesnt work there is still hope. Good luck call me if you ever need a break.
I REALLY hope that this medicine helps her! I noticed the stiff, arched-back thing too, so I'm cataloging it in my brain that it usually indicates heartburn...here's to hoping I'll remember it when I need it (my thanks to your doctor!).
Yay! I'm glad you got something to try. Poor little girl must have been hurting.
Tracie!... I was so glad to get Grace's baby announcement! She is adorable! Congratulations!!! We have a blog too, but it is private due to some crazy things!! Anyway, just letting you know that I was here and that I'm going to add your name to our list! I will check back often!!! Glad to hear you guys are doing well! We need to plan something again sometime soon! Here is my email... brittanynewbold@hotmail.com email me your address so that I can send you an invite! Talk to you later!!
She is so cute! Im glad she is doing better. It's always nice when we dont have to worry about our little ones!
Traci, we missed you today! As for your beautiful Olivas heart burn, I am terribly sorry, I can not even imagine a baby going through that discomfort. I ate tums like they were chocolate. ALso something else that worked for Beck was 'Gripe Water'. I got it at Good Earth (the health food store). It was awesome! Good luck and Happy Halloween Friday!
Hey! Hope she is doing better. Just thought I would let you know I am going private this weekend so if you still want to view our blog leave your email on my blog.
Post a Comment