Monday, October 6, 2008

Olivia's Blessing Day


The day couldn't have been better. Only one brother and his kids were missing(they live far away), and my twin sister Stacie and her husband who were on a cruse. Dan's parents and brothers came from Idaho and Tremonton just to join us. It means so much to us that they would drive for 5+ hrs that day just to be with us. Thank you to everyone who brought food, it was so fabulous. The weather was perfect, no wind, and just the right amount of heat, so we headed out doors the the park next to our church. It is fun to see our families mingle together. Olivia was a doll all day. I loved Taylor's dress so much that I had Olivia wear it too. I wanted to keep her in it all day. Hopefully one of the girls will bless their daughter in it. It is a long eyelet lace dress with a slip to match that has a miniature bell tied on with ribbon. My mother-in-law had it made for Taylor 12 long years ago. She also had a tiny corsage that was almost identical to the one Taylor had. It is so feminine I just love it. Dan did a wonderful job on the blessing. I am so grateful for his ability to be in tune with the spirit, and therefore be able to bless our children with the things the Lord has in mind for them. It was a little sad to know that this is the last baby blessing we will have a couple, but really fulfilling to know that our family is complete and united for Eternity. He blessed her with the ability to be a good example to her siblings and friends, to be worthy to marry a righteous man in the temple, to desire to be a good student, and to follow the teachings and examples of her mother, this was a huge compliment to me. I know that I am not perfect, and definitely not the most patient mother, but it was nice to hear that he thinks I'm good enough, that he wants our children to be like me. I love you Dan, and I am proud of you for holding the priesthood worthily, it is an honor to have you as my husband and father of our children.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Her dress was beautiful!

Jamie said...

I love her little corsage! So sweet. Ok, tell me how you did your pics on the blessing day or dinosaur day. Such a cute idea!