Saturday, October 18, 2008

I want to see the temple, I'm going there some day

I know they are probably referring to get married in the temple, but I find it appropriate for my evening. We took Taylor last night to do baptisms for the dead at the Jordan River Temple. It was very spiritual and emotional. Dan was able to perform the confirmations and baptisms that Taylor and I both did. It would have been emotional enough to see my "little" girl doing them. But to see Dan perform the sacred ordiances on her for others was overwhelming. I am again remind of what a blessing it is to have a worthy Preisthood holder in my home. I am so proud of Taylor for being worthy and willing to go to the temple. She was emotional enough a couple of times that she had a hard time answering my questions. We look forward to going each month with her, she is so excited to go again soon. We hope to invite her friends to go along as well so Dan and I can do a session at the same time. I know that this gospel is true. I know that we are doing a great work and that there are more people beyond the viel waiting for us to, than we can imagine. I am greatful for a loving Heavenly Father, who loves me and blesses me despite my shortcomings.

Jordan River Utah Temple Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

sprmom said...

Okay totally crying and I have to be to work in 30 min. I love you and Dan you inspire me.

Kim said...

Tracie, that must have been one of the neatest experiences. I am really excited because Todd and I are finally able to go to do an endowment session on Tuesday night. We've been to do sealings this year because they don't take as long, but it has been so long since we've been able to do an endowment session. I am so glad my mom is close now so we have someone to watch Emily while we go to the temple.

I was able to do the initiatory work for my Granny Brandon (my maiden name) and that was one of the most special experiences I've had.

I love to see the temple too! And I love that song. It usually makes me cry.

Heidi said...

I had such a nice little chat with Taylor the other day. I was in the neighborhood, and was so happy to see her. It's amazing how we can have friends of all ages. She truly brings a smile to my face. I love her and am eternally grateful that i was able to work with her... Please send my love! I actually saw her the day she was going to the temple, and can I tell you she was just glowing! Bless her sweet little heart... what a doll. What a neat experience. We miss you guys.