Saturday, July 19, 2008

Winner! Winner! Winner!!!

We had a great day today. Dan went shot gun shooting with our ward and won the tourney they had. Might I add(for all the men that participated) that he is a great shot, but not that good, especially at doubles. He was just having a really on day. But he loves to win and is pretty competitive. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face when he was telling me about it. I love you babe and am glad you had a great time.

So in the mean time I took Tay to mow G&G Gustavesons lawn, and Dan and my Dad get home just as we finish(quite convienent). We go home and swim for a little over an hour, and then head home to clean. As we are cleaning I get a call from a fabric store that I frequently shop at.

I WON A SEWING MACHINE? ME, ARE YOU SURE?

I could hardley believe it. I never win anything. A few weeks a ago the store participated in a "Shop Hop", which is where you try to go to all pre designated shops in a week. I only made it to two, but had fun visiting a new shop in Bountiful. I did go to Material Girls two times that week, and was able to enter a drawing each day, but it has been a while so I figured I didn't win anything. One of the days, I was there with some friends from our ward sewing group and my friend Erin T. won a drawing they were doing every hour I think it was, she won a fabric kit. So I tell Dan and he can't believe it, then I call Abbey(sister and fellow groupie) and she swears, thats how unbelieveable she though it was. She told me to bag cleaning and go get it. So Dan and I headed to get it. I was so crazy walking out of the store with it, I still can't believe it. Well it was now a great day for both Dan and I.

I want to thank Nadine, and all the gals at Material Girls quilt shop. I love your store, and the fact that it is so close to my house is a huge plus.







4 comments:

Annie said...

That's so awesome Tracie!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Did Material Girls move?

Kim said...

What a great thing to win! Hooray.

Russ and Nat said...

Wow! That is so incredible!!!! Good for you! Where is Material Girls??

sprmom said...

You didn't tell me you won a machine. That's freaking awesome. way to go sis!!!!!