I have the best family in the world! We love to be together, doing whatever, but at this time of year it is skiing. Dan, Preston, Ian, and my Mom couldn't make it this time, but the rest of my family was there. Being 4 months pregnant, was a little tuff, My tummy would get tight, and I was just more tired, but my Brother-in-law Jake, sister Stacie, and my Dad, pitched in to help Konnor on his first ski day. My other kids didn't love it at first, and would cry and whine, so my sister Brecka and my Dad, mostly taught them, for thier first two seasons. I guess I was a push over because they hardly whined for them. Konnor on the other hand, just loved it. He never wanted to stop. The only time he cried was when I needed a break and there wasn't anyone else around to take him up. He smiled so big the whole day. I love you Konnor!! Max started skiing on the "BIG" hills last season, so I knew without his dad there, he wouldn't have that chance. But of course all of my sisters and brother-in-laws, and dad, pitched in so he could get some fun time in. He did enjoy staying on the bunny hill some of the time with his cousin Alex(they are 7 months apart in age). Max was a little nervous about getting on and off the lift by himself, because he had never had to do that, but he did great, and loved the freedom. Taylor I only saw a few times that day, lunch being one of them. She and Mason(cousin) are old enough and know the mountains and runs enough, that they are allowed to go off by them selves. With so many people it can be hard to all eat together, but we make it happen, it is a tradition. Abbey needs someone to help her eat her Deer Valley Carrot Cake!! She and Taylor love it(sorry I didn't post the picture of your beloved carrot cake Abbey). I look forward to lunch, not only for the break, but to see my family. We all help each other with our kids, and share snacks and breaks, it makes it so much easier. I love all my family, and love that we have something we(kids included) can all do together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I love the slide show!! You really do have such a great family!
Tracie,
It was good to read your blog. Thanks for sending us the link. I love the picture of your little one. It looks precious! Give your little ones a hug from their cousin. I want to see you out here in California before too long. Or, maybe after the baby is born!
Michaela
I wish I learned to ski when I was little. I think its great you still all go skiing together. How fun!
Post a Comment