Thursday, February 14, 2008

A year ago





























A Year ago we were at PCMC with Konnor and RSV. I have several family members and friends who have children with this right now, and it brought back so many memories. I had taken Konnor to the Doc Sat. evening, they said everything was fine, he just had a cold. Mon. Morning I knew something wasn't right, so I took him in again. His oxygen level was at 70%, they called an ambulance without even consulting me. I was so scared. At first they didn't kow what he had, just that he needed more care. Thanks to my mom for leaving work at a moments notice to come grab Max from the Doc.'s office. When we got to PCMC, dan was able to come through the normal ER doors,a nd he said we were lucky we came in the Ambulance because there were so many families out there that it could have been hrs. before we saw the doc. We were admitted, thinking that he would go home the next day, but that turned into 5. It was scarry hearing the tiny babies so sick. Konnor was almost 2, and the staff was so surprised how bad he was. He was old enough to kow that whent he nurses came in, they were going to hurt him(suck his nose and throat). His blood pressure would soar, and his oxygen level drop from fear. I finally talked them into letting me take him home, because I felt like he was just scared. He was on Oxygen foe 7 more days at home, and then he was golden. He hated being in the crib, so after 2 days they gave him a normal bed, and he slpet much better(as did I because it was easy to lay next to him, the chair bed stunk!!). This was not fun, but we had so many people who helped us and prayed with, and we are so grateful.

2 comments:

Turia said...

Wow... sounds like almost my same story!! Scary huh?
It's one nasty virus!!

kennyandkristin said...

These pictures make me so sad. I just think that little Konner is so cute. I really enjoyed having him in nursery. Camden and Konner always seemed to find something to get into.