Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy 14th Anniversary to us!!

We headed to the ski slopes for our anniversary. Most of my family was there, even my Mom. My Mom hasn't even seen us kids ski since we were like 10 or 12, so this was a great treat for everyone. She took the day off and came to watch the kids. Dan had to work last min. but he did come up for lunch. Konnor had to sit at the table the whole time, but in Konnor fashion, he never complained, only asked if his leg would be better next year so he could ski again. He is amazing!! My niece Anna came up with us, he Mom had just had a baby so we thought we'd bring her since no one going to be home to help my sister if she needed it. She is pretty determined to do only what she wants to do so we didn't rent her ski's becasue she kept telling how she couldn't do it for all these different reasons. But once she saw all the other kids skiing she just had to try, and did great(she is only 3)! No one complaint or tantrum(even when she fell). I haven't really skied with Max and Taylor on the big hill ever because I am always on the baby hill teaching someone. So with Konnor having to sit this year out I was able to go with them a bunch and make Max do bigger turns instead of just burning down the hill, and helped Tay work on her technique a little more. They both did great and for an over weight mom who hasn't skied on the "big" hill in 10 yrs. I didn't do so bad myself. I also got to ski with my nephew(Boston) and niece(Anna), and I love the bond that that creates. It was just a great day to celebrate my anniversary. My family is so supportive of each other. Dan thank you for allowing me to do what I wanted for the day as my gift. I needed a ski day!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: