Friday, November 7, 2008

Max and the Economy

Today Max was watching the morning news with me, and he heard the part where they were talking about how many stores are closing, and how Wal-mart was stilling doing great and was 2% from last month, etc. He said, "mom we need to go to wal-mart today and buy something so we can support them, you know so other kids will have a store to buy toys at." I said, Oh really?". "Yeah mom, kids would be so sad if there wasn't anywhere to buy Chirstmas toys, so I think we better go buy something so they can stay open." I just laughed inside because he was so serious and I didn't want to embarrass him. For those of you who don't know Max, he is a little bit of a, I can't thik of the right word. But he can and tries everyday to talk Dan and I into going to a store everyday to "JUST LOOK" at the toys, "NOT BUY", yeah right. Of course when we get there it is a cry fest when we remind him that we are just here to look, and he again treis to talk us into something(usually buying and saving for a "good boy" day). I just found it so funny that he was listening well enough to figure out that stores are in trouble because people aren't spending as much, and he sure wants to do his part to help the economy. How young can kids get real paying jobs?? Max is in need of one.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha...I'm still chuckling! The phrase, "Very, very sneaky, Sir!" comes to mind. :)

Nate, Meggan & Ledger said...

hey guys!!! i found your blog through melissa! it is so cute, your family is so cute. i have not even seen olyvia yet. your kids are all so darling! oh and the story about max is great! i am glad we can keep in touch now!!!

Annie said...

I love it! We miss you guys!

the watkins said...

So funny. He has such a cute personality!

Julie Toone said...

Hey, My widowed friend is dating Nate Pemberton...he said he knows Dan. We went to lunch the other day. He seems great! I thought it was funny that we went to high school together. How are you doing?