Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mommy Tag

Mommy Tag
1. Typically, what time do you wake up?
Just in time to get my kids to school. Usually about 7:25.

2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
9:30. But it is usually more like 10 or 10:30. I know, I’m a horrible mother, but they get up without much complaint (they do however complain about going to bed, hence the late hour).

3. How long have you been a mommy?
11 years, 8months, exactly today (Wed. Apr.16th 2008).

4. How old were you when you became a mom?
2 weeks shy of 19. ( I know super young, I don’t recommend it).

5. What is your favorite kids T.V show?
I like anything that teaches, whether it is school skills, values, morals, kindness, etc. I won’t let me kids watch DUMB shows that are just funny and stupid, like sponge bob and ED, Ed, and Eddy. They think I am mean, but they watch enough T.V., as it is, so it had better make them smarter.

6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show?
Sponge Bob. Hands down!!!

7. What is your favorite chore?
I DO NOT have one. But I don’t mind cleaning. I like my house organized and clean.

8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Again, nothing. I used to cook big meals all the time. Now I have no time, so it is more of a chore than a relaxing fun thing to do. I like pasta dishes, because they are fast, and everyone in my family will eat noodles.

9. What meal do you cook most often?
Wow! I don’t know. We try not to have the same thing for a couple of weeks. But I cook some kind of protein, starch and veggie, the most. Just different varieties.

10. What is your kids favorite meal?
Scones!! With honey butter.

11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
Anything. He loves to play with them and teach them. They love when he will just sit down and listen to their stories that I’m sick of hearing

12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom?
1. When I catch them trying to lie to me. (Max’s face is so funny).
2. When I see them perform. It makes me so proud of their hard work.
3. When they want to kiss and hug me 100 times in a row. (but not at bed time)
4. When they finally get something that we have been trying to teach them. ( Tay this applies to you).
5. WHEN THEY TELL ME THEY LOVE ME EVEN THOUGH THEY JUST GOT SPANKED! (or just anytime, but especially then, it is their way of saying sorry for being naughty).

13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
Easy. Dan and I want to take them to Spain and Germany to visit family.

14. When was the last time you went out without your kids?
Wow! I think it has been 2 weeks. I’m amazed because we usually go on date once a week, and shopping(grocery or clothes, etc.) at least once a week too. Too busy to even say Hi! Lately, and now he is out of town.

15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids?
Going on walks by the river, Dan loves to skip rocks, and the boys love to throw them. Taylor is learning to skip. We also love to ski, but it doesn’t happen very much. It is hard to find the time.

16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother?
There are too many to count or even choose a good one. But I think your perspective changes when you become a mother, and have to deal with kids 24/7.

17. Name one thing you do, that your own mom did?
Most everything, she is who I learned from.

18. What is your favorite quality your mom has?
She is blunt. We may not like it, but at least we know what she thinks of something.

19. What is your favorite kids book?
I love rhyming books. We have so many books, some seem lost in the book shelves. Usbourne is great!!

20. What is your favorite advice for new moms?
Go with your instinct! You are the mom now. Only you really know what your child needs from their behavior.

21. What is your scariest/most heartbreaking moment as a mom?
Thinking of my kids being gone. I can’t imagine life without their smiles. Konnor is the only one who has ever been in the hospital. (we haven’t had stitches or broken bones yet). I hated thinking he was so sick that I could take care of him myself.

22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom?
Watching them achieve something, and the satisfaction you can see on their faces. Even if it is something small.

23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”?
When they went to bed. But that is a common saying in our house. We all say it to each other many times during the day.

24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids?
When I put them to bed. Also tonight I made (well put frozen ones on a tray) cookies before bed. And they all said it because it was so late (9:30). But Konnor wouldn’t give up, so I gave in.

I tag, Annie Y. and Kelly G.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So that's where you get your bluntness from, huh? I like that you're a straight shooter like your mom. Your tag is great! Now I have a little more insight into your day. You are too cute! Also, I have finally changed my domain address so it doesn't have our last name in it. It is http://stephandbrit.blogspot.com/

Chad and Kelly said...

Ok. Ok. I got your tag, but i'm warning you that it might come back to haunt you! JK. I'll be working on it.

P.S. You are darling! I love everything about you!